Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Polishing, all a lie!!??

Did you know that polishing is pretty unnecessary? (unless you have staining). That is so weird to me! Ever since I have been going to the dentist, I have always thought polishing was a necessary and important part of the cleaning. It's good to know the truth. Four words...Holy Air-powder Polish! I think that devilish little machine was invented by Satan himself! I just feel like it's utter chaos! Too much happening at once and too many things to focus on (Don't spray the gingiva, move lips FAR out of the way, make sure not to hit the tongue, avoid all composite and crowns, don't spray towards the gumline, all while holding the HVE) A little overwhelming. And that does not even mention all the SALT... I was a walking potato chip when it was all said and done! Mollee did a really good job though and she was gentle and careful. Then we got to rubber cup polish, which I like much better. We used toothpaste instead of a grit prophy paste because none of us really have staining. I was taught proper polishing technique and motion and I feel pretty comfortable with it! Then after a few swipes of the flouride varnish, that's a wrap!

No comments:

Post a Comment