Monday, November 1, 2010

Dry, Etch, Rinse, Isolate, Dry, Seal, Cure, Rinse, Check.

I am trying to make sure I get all of these steps down in my head so that I can be a sealant pro! Today Heather M was my partner and we got to do a sealant on each other. The sealant I did turned out pretty good! The only thing is I think I used a little bit too much sealant because I had to do some filing down because the the occlusal paper was showing up on spot of the sealant. I passed off my Selective Polishing PE today too, and was given some more good pointers for rubber cup polishing. I learned a valuable lesson today... I had just applied the seal to Heather's #31, when I realized, I don't have a curing light! DUH! Luckily an instructor ran and grabbed one for me, but LESSON LEARNED! I really need to have everything ready, and not just for sealants. When I have a real patient in the chair, I don't want to have to keep stopping and taking off my gloves to get things that I forgot. We also treatment planned the sealants in Eaglesoft and recorded our TX in the paper chart. Real patient day is coming so fast! I will need to read all of my PE's and make sure I know what I am doing so that it's a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment