Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Instrument Sharpening and Flouride

Today I passed off my air-powder polish, Fluoride, and Walkout PE's, yay! I don't really enjoy receiving fluoride in any form I have decided, I wish Weber County would just fluoridate the water, dang it! But If I have to pick one, I pick varnish because it's quicker and more effective. Today we learned how to sharpen our instruments. We got to practice on WSU instruments so that we don't ruin our own. We used mostly the stationary instrument, moving stone technique. The laminated sharpening guides are really helpful to make sure I am using the correct angle of the stone and my instrument. Well, real patient day is coming up quicker than i ever thought it would and next week is our mock patient days. I will be the operator all of next week and the week after that, I will be the patient. I'm excited to do a "real" appointment start to finish next week so that I can feel more prepared for the 22nd, when I will be working on my husband. The pod wraps that the TA's have done this semester have really helped, like giving us an example of a great OHI entry and also Marilyn made us all a tooth made of soap so that we can practice our angulation while scaling. I feel like we have not had much practice scaling at all. This worries me a little. Hopefully this week will give me some time to really practice my scaling!

No comments:

Post a Comment