Monday, November 8, 2010

Mock Patient Day 1

Wow! Today went better than I expected. I am really glad we are doing these mock patient days because today really reinforced all of the "housekeeping" parts of an appointment. I feel much better about the order to do things, treatment planning, and when/what to have an instructor sign. It finally all clicked to me. I did get a little confused about when to do a new blue sheet, green sheet, and health history survey (every appoinment? every 6 months? every year?) but I think I've got it down now. I want to read over my clinic manual again before real patient day so I can make sure I have everything correct. Today I got to the end of OHI. So Wednesday, I will be scaling all 4 quadrants, selective polish, fluoride varnish, and complete Heather's last 3 sealants. I will also need to pass off my sealant PE and my sharpening PE. I hope I can get it all done in time! Another reason that these Mock Patient days are a good idea is because it gave me a really good idea of how much time I will have. I definitely need to pick up the pace! The time flies so fast when you are the operator, I had no idea it took me so long to do all of those things. I think that now I have the order down, I can move a little quicker and the appointment will flow much better. Crossin' my fingers that Wednesday goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment