Monday, November 22, 2010

Real Patient Day!

Real Patient day arrived. And I survived! Thanks to my wonderful husband for being my very patient, patient! I have been so nervous/excited for this day since the program started! I did not expect it, but things came pretty naturally to me. I got all of my paperwork mostly correct and remembered the order of things. And luckily, my X-rays turned out good! I was worried about my x-rays because I just never know how they are going to turn out. Some days they are great, and some days it looks like a monkey took them. The only thing that could have gone better was waiting for an OD check, timing was just not on my side today. When it was finally my turn for the OD check, I was gone taking X-rays so I had to wait again. So I did not even get to OHI, but hey, that's just how it goes sometimes! I learned a valuable lesson about timing and how long a real appointment takes! Overall, I am just glad it is over and that I did okay! I am glad we got to have this little practice run before next semester, when every clinic session is a real patient day! Oh boy, ready or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment