Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mock Patient Day 2

I finished! YAY! And passed off my sealant PE, which means...Only ONE PE left! Today I finished OHI, did a sealant, scaled the 4 quadrants, polished, and the applied the fluoride varnish. WHEW! Appointments take a long time!! I really need to speed up the process, but it will just take some practicing! Heather has been a great patient this week. I was nervous for scaling and I definitely need more practice but I did okay! I love Dr. Hansen! She is so helpful and encouraging and she has really great pointers for scaling. She also told me that I catch on to things quickly, which shocked the heck right outa me! It made me feel good. I love all of our instructors and TA's, they all have been so sweet and helpful! Now that the semester is almost over and I finished a "real" appointment, I have just now realized how much I have learned this semester. I'm finally starting to realize that I maybe can do this! This semester has flown by so fast. I have heard people say that it's the quickest 2 years of your life, they weren't lying! Some days it feels like this might be the longest 2 years of my life, but this semester felt like a blur. I love all of the Dental Hygiene girls, couldn't ask for better friends to do this all with! What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment