Monday, October 4, 2010

Scaling Anteriors!

Today we learned anterior scaling with our Nebraska scaler. I was a little nervous going subgingival with this scaler because it has a sharp tip, but I just need to remember that as long as my adaptation is correct, I won't hurt my patient. I think I have the angulation down and the the working stroke. Jamie was my partner today and we were very excited. We like working on each other because we are less timid and less worried about hurting each other. We need to get over this fear. I feel like my fear of hurting the patient is holding me back a little. I just need to remember to keep a good, strong fulcrum and do everything I have learned and practiced! Also, my modified pen grasp needs work. A crazy little thing happens when I am not paying particular attention to my grasp, my index finger creeps way high up on my instrument. What the heck! What the devil is possessing my finger to do this?? All I know is that it happens ALL the time and I need to stop it! Also, Mr. Pinky finger likes his alone time and does not like connecting to my other fingers. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment