Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Intro to instruments and Practice day!

Well let's just say I am ticked today because it turns out I have a 4mm pocket on one of my molars. Well that just sucks because I am supposed to be a hygienist here! I brush and floss everyday so what's a girl to do?? Anyways...I was really glad to have a practice day. We got time to practice probing and exploring for a while, and we also learned more about all of our instruments. The practice went well, and it was much needed, but unfortunately I am still not as comfortable probing and exploring as I want to be, so me and Jamie are bringing home our probes and typodonts and practicing all weekend together. I will tell you what, I am so lucky to have my best friend in this program with me. No one can fully understand all of the emotions and excitement and fear and pressure unless they have been through the program. We are each others little support system and I am so grateful! KUDOS to those in the program with a child and/or a job. I was lucky enough to quit my job while my husband supports us and I have no children yet. And still I feel like I never have enough time! I have no idea how those with kids or those who are still working are handling it all. Superwomen I tell ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment