Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Health History

Today in clinic we learned how to take a patient's health history. We also got to practice taking blood pressure, pulse, and respirations. Health histories are a lot more detailed than I thought they would be. I am finding that out about the WSU DH Clinic...everything we do is very thorough and precise, which I would say is a good thing. Health histories do take a long time though, so it's a good thing to learn really well now before we have actual patients in the chair. We learned what things we would put as a medical alert, and what things to put in the HHx and HHxRx. We also leaned how to look up medications in our Dental Drug Reference book. I really like the instructors for our pods, they are so helpful and nice. Hopefully as I do health histories more, they will go a little quicker and smoother with practice. We have the Women's Health Connection tomorrow, should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment