Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Who knew??

There are different positions for the hygienist to sit in, depending on the teeth they are working on. In clinic Wednesday, we learned the different clock positions to sit in for certain sets and surfaces of the teeth. All this time as a hygiene assistant and I never knew that actual positions existed. I just thought the hygienists were moving wherever they feel like it. I learned the hard way as an assistant polishing and flossing teeth, if you sit with bad posture (like bending over to see in patients mouth)... you will pay later. My back was always hurting as an assistant. But we learned a glorious new concept today, ask the patient to move! Believe it or not, a patient can and will move their head for you! And I won't need to compromise my posture or position. Unfortuantely, good posture is not something that comes very natuarally to me, so it is a good thing for me to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment