Monday, August 30, 2010

"Sorry Leigh!''

This phrase could be heard around my pod over and over as I used the high volume suction today. I kept sucking up Leigh's cheeks and tongue. Even her lip a few times. Luckily, she was so patient with me and let me practice all I wanted with the high volume suction. Holding this suction feels so un-natural to me, so this practice was much needed. After a while, I started to get the hang of it. Hopefully, with more practice, I can suction up some water insead of someone's face. We also learned how to set up our unit and tear down our unit. We learned how to use the barriers and covers to get our unit ready. I feel like I have most of that down, there is just lots of little things to remember. I think it will come to me once I form my own little routine of barriering, disinfecting, etc. I also was able to pass off my PPE PE. I love this new little feeling of passing off a PE, one tiny step closer. Great day in clinic! But...I do need to find someone to hem my scrub pants due to the fact that sewing machines really don't agree with me. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment