Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Eaglesoft TX and Posterior Scaling

I like treatment planning in Eaglesoft. It is very different from treatment planning on Dentrix like I am used to, but it was refreshing doing a non-stressful PE today. I just need to memorize the steps and practice in the wet lab whenever I can to make sure I have it down. We also learned Posterior scaling with our Barnhart today. This is a little tougher than anteriors. Although, I like that it has a toe rather than a tip so I am less scared to go subgingival. I was really getting the hang of it until I tried different areas of the mouth. I do that sometimes, practice and practice in one area of the mouth, finally get it right, and then remember I have other spots in the mouth to master. (Like the dreaded linguals). All in all, I think I did a pretty good job today. I have mastered how to know if I am using the correct end, and I think I have the angulation and adaptation down as well. Prof. Costley says we have lots of practice days coming up, and for that I am very grateful. Me and Jamie practice in my kitchen. The patient lays across four lined up kitchen chairs, while the clinician sits on my computer chair. It works for us...but it is definitely much easier in an actual dental chair with dental light.

No comments:

Post a Comment