Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Composite or Sealant...that is the question

Today we learned dental screening. I was paired with Karlie N. and she was a great partner! Leigh announced that she wanted to be my partner because she wanted to do the "tornados" for charting my implants! I love all these girls! I learned a lot today about charting as well as looking at different things in the mouth. It was difficult to tell the difference between a composite filling and sealants but thankfully Marilyn was helping us a lot today. I think with a little more practice, the dental charting will not be too bad at all. We finished early and had time to practice anterior scaling. I learned that I need to work on using wrist motion only, Marilyn said I was moving my whole body! What the!! She had to hold my shoulders still while I was doing my working strokes. Thank goodness for her! She gave me lots of much needed one-on-one time today and so I feel much better about it now. I just need to become more brave and get in that gingiva!! Me and Jamie have some practicing to do this weekend, three PE's to pass off Monday (counting the probe). My life will be so much better once I have passed off the probe. Hooray for Fall Break! Which will be spent studying! But I'm not complaining, It's Wednesday and my week is over! Knock on wood I do not get the sickness all of the other girls are getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment