Monday, October 18, 2010

All together now!!

Today we mashed up our past PE's into one and did a complete OD. You know what I realized? This all takes a long time! I need to practice even more so I can be quicker because a real pateint will not be as willing as Emily is to sit in my chair for fifty years! Another thing I realized...I forget things quickly. Today was a good reminder that I need to be going over all of my past PE's once in a while and making sure I still have them down (like vitals and extra oral exams). Like I said, Emily was my parter today and she is just a perfect little patient! We also learned the intra-oral camera today which was pretty cool! I can not wait until the day that I just dig in and get to work and don't feel so uncomfortable in the clinician's chair. I feel very inadequate in clinic some days. Today was no exception. I am so glad we have such great professors and instructors and TA's who are always so willing to help me and don't make me feel stupid when I look at them and say "I just really don't get this". I am excited for my 2nd year observation on Thursday so I can see the process of a real patient and implant it in my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment