Monday, February 28, 2011

Thankful

Good news, Some x-rays!! My father-in-law was my patient today and he needed some bitewings! YAY! I took 4 vertical BXW, but I missed the very distal on the 2 back films. Vertical BWX are a little harder to get everything in. But Professor Costley said the contacts looked good, which made me feel good! I also was able to pass off my Blood Glucose PE today, another thing that Costley said I did good at. Wow I needed today! It gave me a little boost that I have not felt in quite a while in clinic. The OD went well and my probe depths were accurate. I also accurately charted the recession and my perio statement was correct. He is a class II. I was hoping I could get to scaling a quad or 2 today, but it did not work out that way. Oh well, I learned a lot today and I feel pretty good about my speed. I have decided that I like charting. Most people are going to think that is nuts, but I do. I like the feeling of having my patient completed and walked out and just relaxing while I chart what I did today. It's a stress-free time for me. I wish I was not so tense in the clinic setting, I get nervous (still) and my shoulders get tight and achy. I hope this will stop as I get more confident in my abilities. My goal is to keep knocking out the PE's!

No comments:

Post a Comment