Monday, February 7, 2011

My First 1A

Finally, a 1A patient! My patient today was a 10 year old girl. My goal for her was to finish the entire appointment and have time to do sealants. Unfortunately, I did not finish in enough time to get sealants today. Something I learned today, mixed dentition can be confusing! I was getting confused about my letters and which ones were primary or permanent. It was a good reminder to study the primary tooth letters. She was very well behaved and cooperative. She did love to talk though! It made it a little bit difficult at times to work in her mouth because she was just chattering away! It was funny. Bad news, she did not need X-rays! She had them a few months ago at Midtown. Not the news I wanted to hear today! I learned that I really need to make sure I am sweeping gingival to get not just calculus, but the soft deposit as well. Overall, it was a good experience today working on my first child so I can know what to expect when working on children and about how much time it takes. She had a mandibular lingual expansion bar which made the cleaning a little more difficult, but it was a good learning experience. My new goal, go even MORE sub! I think my posture was a little better today because my back is not hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment