Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Bad News, Good News

I'm sure you can guess the bad news...My patient today had x-rays six months ago. Of course! Why should I expect anything different!? I was very stressed and when I went to have Instructor Hafen sign my HH, I told her my situation. More than half-way through the semester, I have taken ONE set of bitewings. ONE! She brought it up in pod wrap so people know how desperate my situation is in case they get their requirements done and want to help me out. I have decided that before I schedule patients I am going to have to ask if they need x-rays first. I hate to do that, but I have no choice at this point. The good news is today went pretty smoothly! I finished the entire HH, OD, and had time to scale two quads. no errors in my first scale check and I will have the last 3 quads checked when i finish her next week. I really like Instructor Hafen! I was nervous about scaling because almost all of this patients teeth were porcelain crowns and i was worried about scratching them and was not sure how to scale them. Instructor Hafen was happy to help and showed me how to feel under the margin and to follow it along with my instrument so i know if I am feeling deposit or margin. One thing I learned is I need to really make sure I'm going down all the way when probing. I did good on my probe depths except on one I got a 4 and she got a 7. Good reminder for me to practice probing angles and not stopping until I feel the attachment. My goal is to finish 1B's in one appointment from now on! I hope I can do it! I am getting quicker and more comfortable in clinic!

No comments:

Post a Comment