Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Proud!

I was proud of myself today. Here is the story. My patient arrived and explained that she really needs to be done today, she can not come back for a second appointment because she is starting a new job. I panicked a little inside, I wished she would have told me that on the phone! I have never finished a patient in one appointment before. Then more bad news, Yes...Once again, my patient did not get x-rays. She refused x-rays today. What a bad start to an appointment! I talked to the TA, Stephanie, and told her I was going to try and finish in one appointment and asked if she could chart for me. I did it! I was so happy I was able to finish the entire appointment! And she was a class V. This was the first time I was really proud of myself in clinic. Then, I did not have any errors on my scale check. All of this good news was overshadowing the bad news of the x-rays. It was so good to see Instructor Allen today! She gave me some good advice, she said it's great I was able to finish my patient today. She wanted me to know that the patient does not dictate the appointment and it would have been okay if I would not have finished. That was good advice. I learned today how hard it is to chart occlusion when the patient is missing all their maxillary molars on one side. I need to learn a little better how to recognize occlusion on the premolars. My goal is to keep getting faster and to hopefully get some x-rays!

No comments:

Post a Comment