Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day! NOT!

Not a great day. I called my patient over the weekend to confirm his appointment, to which he replied "Oh yeah, I'll be there"! Well, 8:15am strikes today and I'm getting worried. So I called him and he said he forgot! I asked him if he can still make it and he says he will have to ask his Dad first and then he will let me know. He did not call me back until about 20 minutes later to say that he said he would need to reschedule. So I have him scheduled for March 9th and you better believe I am going to call him the night before and the day of to make sure he doesn't forget again. But what now?? Its already almost 9:00! I call a patients listed "on call" on the resource list, but no luck. Luckily, there is a family sitting out in the waiting area. I asked if any of them would be interested in getting a cleaning right now. The mother said her 17 year old son was interested. It turns out, Karen is scheduled to see him for a cleaning in a few weeks. I talked to Karen and she said I could start on him. I was happy that I could maybe get some x-rays out of this! But sure enough, he did not need x-rays. He has recently had a lot of x-rays taken at his orthodontist. So I got all the way through his OD today and had some good learning experiences, so today was not a total failure. The end of the semester feels closer than ever when I look over the requirements. I really hope I can get more x-rays and find a class III!

No comments:

Post a Comment