Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lab Day 2

Today in lab we learned three new PE's. We learned about taking Blood Glucose, using the Diagnodent, and Oral Prosthesis Care. It was a nice, relaxing day. But I could not help but think how badly I need this day for clinic to meet requirements! I am going to pass off the blood glucose PE in a few weeks when my father-in-law comes in. He is diabetic so I have been saving him for after this lab day. I am somewhat familiar with the Diagnodent because it was used all of the time in the office I worked in, but today was my first time actually using one. I hope I can find a patient with dentures or a partial denture this semester to pass of my oral prosthesis PE. I miss lab days, they are much less stressful than real patient clinic days. My goal is to be less tense in clinic and to try and focus on the accomplishments I am making. Part of me is excited for this long weekend, having Presidents Day off, and the other part of me is freaking out because I need all the lab days I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment