Monday, January 31, 2011

Whew!

What a stressful weekend! I had a patient scheduled for today and she called me on Saturday to cancel. Stressful! Jamie was supposed to be seeing her fiance at the same time so we were both in a bind and out of family! I called my 1B patient who I had scheduled for next week and asked if he would like to come a week earlier. He said he would be there! Oh I am SO grateful! That was such a relief. I realized how stressful it can be to have a patient cancel last minute. Well the cleaning went good today, he is such a great patient and was so kind and cooperative. It was my first time seeing black subgingival calculus! It was cool to see it come up with my scaler! Today Instructor Vining was my instructor. He is really helpful and showed me the instruments he likes best. This patient was my first patient with a language barrier, so I am glad that everything went so smoothly. Overall a good day! I really wanted more practice with x-rays but he did not need any. I feel I am still at the same speed as I was last appointment. I really hope I can start improving. So my goal is to still get practice with x-rays and to get a quad scaled in less time.

No comments:

Post a Comment