Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I do NOT put the Rad in Radiology, Thats for sure.

Yay! I won my Mom and Jamie will get my Grandpa. I was a little worried about how today would go because my mom has very sensitive teeth and a very delicate jaw from a past jaw surgery, but everything went pretty good! Minus X-rays. My first X-rays of the semester, and have I forgotten everything I have ever learned!!?? I started out doing a full-mouth and then I could not get the films in my moms mouth without hurting her lips and cheeks and she could not bite down all the way and so I got frustrated and decided to just do vertical BWX. My bitewings turned out good but I was just frustrated about not doing the full mouth. Me and Jamie are going to practice getting the films with the ORA into the mouth and in the correct position. I do not know if it was me or if my mom just has a small mouth, but the X-rays were hurting her. And if you know me, then you know my number one fear is hurting my patients! Anyway, everything else for the OD appointment went good and I just love my cute mom more than words can say! My goal is to not let this X-ray incident intimidate me for next time. I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment