Monday, January 24, 2011

My First Non-Family Patient

Today I had my first patient who I did not know. I was really nervous because...(A) I forgot to call him the night before to remind him, I was afraid he would not show up. (B) He does not speak very much english, and (C) He has never had a dental cleaning in his life. I was so happy when I saw that little eaglesoft dot turn yellow! Lesson learned, I will call my patients to confirm before that day of the appointment! I will get the hang of this one of these days. He has NEVER had a dental cleaning in his life, an he is a 1B! That's pretty dang good if you ask me! He said he brushes 2-4 times a day and flosses every day. Sweetest guy ever. He had to leave to get to work after I finsihed his OD, so I will see him again soon to finish up. My main goal for these next few weeks is to pick up the pace! By now in my OD appointments I think I should at least be getting one quad done on a 1B, but for some reason it just isn't happening for me. I really hope I can get faster at everything! Overall, it gets a little better each day. I am really getting the hang of charting and eaglesoft and TalEval. I am just worried I will never be fast enough. Any tips that is saving you guys time?? I would love to hear!

1 comment: