Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Patient of 2nd Semster

Welcome back to my chair husband! Today I finished up my first real patient appointment. Last time I only got past the OD, so I started with OHI. I disclosed and showed him in his mouth the areas that he needs to focus his brushing. I also showed him the correct way to brush. On to scaling! It went better than I thought it would! Scaling is just going to take practice and I feel better about it everytime I do it. I only missed a few spots on my scale check so I was proud of myself. And he said I did not hurt him once! YAY! My biggest fear is hurting people, I can't get over it. I was having a rough time with the posteriors until Instructor Caldwell suggested I try using the 204S instead of the barnhart. Loved it! I need to remember to try my other instruments so I can get a feel for them all. Overall, I felt good about today. My goal for my next clinic session is to not forget dumb things (like to print a treatment plan)!

No comments:

Post a Comment