Monday, January 10, 2011

"What do you mean you can't breathe??"

Today my patient was my cute sister Kami. I am glad I have family willing to come while I build my confidence for a few weeks! Did I mention she is 8 months pregnant?? I had barely started laying her back and she said "Whoa I can't breathe." Huh?? You are not even laying semi-flat. I am so grateful for lessons learned on family. Now I know what to do If I have a very pregnant patient. Instructor Demmings says in this case, it will be easiest for me to stand up during the appointment. It was a little adjustment for me, not what I am used to, but it worked! I think I am finally getting the hang of TalEval, and I really think I like it! I can tell my probing is getting a tiny bit faster, but still not fast enough. My goal for my next OD appointment is to get faster at probing and recording the measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment