Wednesday, March 30, 2011

1A's

Today was my first time seeing two patients in one clinic session. They were two little girls, ages 3 and 5. They both had never been to the dentist before so they were a little nervous, but they were both so good! I took them for a ride in the chair, then showed then how the chair lays back and turns into a "bed", let them shoot a little air and water out of the air/water syringe, and let them hold the saliva ejector (Mr. Thirsty). Everything went surprisingly well! I was able to get x-rays on the 5 year old and both of them let me and the instructor really get in there and look at their teeth. The mother also wanted some x-rays taken so I took a quick set of bitewings on her too! I learned today a lot about how long a child can sit in the chair before they are just totally done. After bitewings, OD, brushing/flossing, and exploring, the 5 year old was DONE. She was still really good, she just got very wiggly and tired. It was a good experience today. I was able to get some requirements taken care of and I really think the girls wont be scared next time they go to the dentist because they were both so good! My goal for next time is to get e little quicker at charting. Granted, I had two charts to do today. But it seems like I usually am still one of the last people out of clinic every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment