Monday, March 21, 2011

Dang stack!

I learned a lot today. You would think by now that fulcruming and "keeping my stack together" would be second nature by now. Nope. My fulcrum is almost always too weak and my stack is anything but together. Prof. Costley really helped me today with anterior instrumentation and emphasised the importance of my stack when working on the anteriors. It helped me a ton! She also showed me an extra-oral fulcrum that I think will really help me once I get a little more practice with it. Something else that should be second nature by now is my posture. My back usually hurts after clinic so that is a big sign that I need to pay more attention to my posture if I do not want to drastically shorten my career. Overall, today went good. I did miss more spots of calculus that I had hoped for, but hey, it was my first true class II and I learned a lot today. My goal for the next clinic session is to revert back to the basics a little and really pay attention to some of the things I have somewhat thrown out the window (posture, correct grasp, fulcrum).

No comments:

Post a Comment