Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I can't handle the stress...

Yep, another cancellation, 30 minutes before clinic starts! I know that everything usually works out in the end, but when I hear my patient say "I won't be able to make it today" my heart completely sinks and my mind starts racing! Today I was so lucky. There was an on-call name on the list and he was happy to come and was here right on time! I am so grateful. Today was my first set of bitewings using conventional film. I was a little scared because if you have to take retakes on conventional film it takes FOREVER to take the x-rays, develop, mount, get them checked by an instructor, retake, develop again, get them checked again. Well, I only needed 1 retake which I guess is not too bad. But it does take a lot of time on conventional films. I really hope the office I work for has digital x-ray devices! Overall, things went good today. I finished the OD and one quad, and he will be coming back the last day of clinic to get finished. I learned today from Instructor Hafen to really make sure I adapt, adapt, adapt! Also, she helped me a lot with using an exploratory stroke first, then using the lateral pressure if I feel something. My goal for my next clinc session is to continue using the ultrasonic and getting more comfortable with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment