Monday, April 4, 2011

Longggg Day

Today I was able to complete my two quads of my special needs class III patient. It would have been easier for me I think if I would have polished first, and then scaled because there was so much plaque build up. It also would have been easier to use the ultrasonic a lot but my patient didn't handle that too well. I was able to give the patient and caregiver lots of good oral hygiene instruction and advised that it would be best if she is seen every 3 months. I am glad her mouth is all clean now. After clinic, I had CA for afternoon clinic session, and then it was the Welcome Event for the new junior class. It is so crazy to think that we are going to be seniors! Time really does fly!! So today was a long day and I am exhausted, but it was a good day. CA went really well and I did most things by myself today. My goal is to get more practice with my ultrasonic and my graceys on my next class III patient and to get quicker at scaling. I would like to read the clinic manual time goals and try and get as close to them as I can. ONLY 3 clinic sessions left!!?? I can't believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment