Monday, April 11, 2011

Class III

Today was my first experience with a patient who needs Local Anesthesia. It is kind of nice working on someone who is completely numb! I was able to get a lot of time with my ultrasonic today and I am feeling very comfortable with it now! I am so relived to have my requirements met for a class III patient!! I missed quite a few spots but I think that is to be expected this semester with class III's. I can not believe there is only one clinic day left! On Wednesday I will finish the patient I worked on today (she has one quad of a class II that still needs cleaned) and then finish my last 1B patient. I am really starting to get more comfortable scaling. There is still plenty of things I need to work on, but there have been some light bulbs click on these last few clinic sessions. I'm starting to feel more comfortable with patients and in my abilities. I would like to get better at feeling calculus with my explorer. I still sometimes have a difficult time feeling the calculus even after a scale check and the instructor is showing me where it's at. I would like to practice exploring and perfecting my fulcrums and grip over the summer. Overall it was a good day and I learned a lot about cleaning a periodontally involved patient! My goal for my last clinic session is to finish...and get one more sealant! That's all I have left! Big thanks to all the girls who have helped me so much this semester with getting x-rays and everything! Love you girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment