Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Another Longggg day.

Today was so productive! I needed an extra clinic session because of all of my bad luck with patients no-showing. For the morning clinic, I had my husband come in so I could take a full mouth set of PA's on him. It was my first FMX of the semester so I was a little worried, but I did pretty good! My first few PA's were missing the apicies, so I called in Instructor Caldwell and she gave me some great tips. I just love her! She also helped me identify the radiopaque blob at the apicies of one of my husband's premolars, a condensing osteitis! I also did a sealant on Skyler and was able to pass of my diagnodent, air powder polisher, and sealant PE on him! After that, my sister came in for some bitewings and a pano. She was pregnant when I cleaned her teeth at the beginning of the semester so I brought her back in so I could take them now. I also did a sealant on her too. Great morning! Then for afternoon clinic I had a 1B patient who was just a sweetheart. She was really nice and she was a god learning experience because she had a dreaded lingual bar! I got A LOT of practice with the ultrasonic and I feel so much better about it! I think I finally got it down! I learned a lot about instrumenting on anteriors. My goal for next time is to not miss any spots on the anteriors, that seems to be my trouble spot lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment