Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Welcome Back!

Welcome back! I can not believe this is my last semester of college! I know that this semseter is going to fly by..which makes me excited and freaked out all at the same time! I hope I can gain more confidence this last semester and refine the skills I have learned. I purchased some loupes over Christmas Break and I was excited to try them out in clinic today. I really like them a lot! They are going to take a little getting used to but I can tell I am really going to love them! My morning patient today was a class III. She would be a great mockboard patient except she is pregnant, so I can not take any x-rays on her. Dr. Naylor gave me a good tip, to use my air on the buccal of the maxillary molars to check for any supra calculus. I missed some light flaky caculus on the distobuccal of #2 and #3. She said that this is a spot that the boards examiners always check and it is easy to remove using the SH6-7. That was a good little wake-up call becasue I should not be missing supra calculus at this point in the game! This patient has pretty tender gums and she is pregnant, so we have been trying to scale without any LA, and so far she is doing well without it. My afternoon patient was my sister who is an easy 1B and I did not miss any spots on her. I could have gone a little quicker though. I feel so rusty after not being in clinic for just one month. My goals this semster are to pass of my PE's early on in the semester and to get used to my loupes. My goal for today is to review my operator positioning again. I was kinda rolling all over the place today, which is quite annoying becasue my chair is a squeaky beast!

No comments:

Post a Comment