Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Class III's!

I am so happy to finally be getting done with some class III patients. This morning I saw my class III patient who had a cold sore a few weeks ago. She has lots of calculus and could be mockboard material, exceot for she is pregnant so I could not take any radiographs. I was able to finish her last 3 quads with only 3 errors which made me happy. I also passed off my Calculus Removal and Ultrasonic 2 PE's. I feel like my scaling techniques are improving a little bit each week. My lateral pressure especially has improved. I saw my class III/IV back this afternoon. This patient is so nice. He has COPD, so I cannot use the ultrasonic. I forget how much I love my ultrasonic until i can;t use it! But I got 2 quads done with just one missed spot. I was also able to get 4 injections. Prof. Perry have me some super helpful tips for my injections today! For the IA, he said usually if you aim for the natural little tissue fold near the raphe, it's dead on. My PSA was no bueno today. I kept hitting osseous and had to withdraw. He later told me that I was just not quite far enough out in the mucobuccal fold. I had a good day because I had a little moment while I was scaling that made me feel like I was finally getting the hang of this! I love productive days! My goal for next week is to pass my LA mockboard!

No comments:

Post a Comment