Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dang cold sore!

My Tuesday morning patient was my class III from last week, but when she came and sat in my chair, I noticed that she had a cold sore. Dang it! I had Mr. Soloman explain the clinic cold sore policy to he and I scheduled her back in a few weeks. I could not get any other patients to come in the morning, so I spent the rest of the AM clinic session trying to find screening patients. My afternoon patient was a recall class V from last semester. His appointment went very smoothly. Overall, not the most productive day in clinic, oh well! On Friday we had our screening and a sealant clinic. Big thanks to Tanya who found me a name to screen, and he ended up being my mockboard patient! I am excited for this mockboard, I am anxious to know that I really can do this! I am grateful we do so many mockboards in the program. It would be so terrifying to go into the real clinical board with no practice runs at all. I have been pretty dang stressed lately, but whenever I start feeling down, I try to remind myself...I wanted this! It took me three years to get in the program and so many others would kill to be in my position right now! I am exactly where I want to be, stress and all! I'm finding out that attitude really is everything. The Friday sealant clinic went great. It feels so good to provide this free service to the kids who really need it and may not be getting this care otherwise. I am really enjoying the children's screenings and sealant clinics this semester. My goal for next week is to do well on my mockboard and to pass off two PE's at the VA. (And hopefully schedule my LA Written Exam!) The semester is already flying!

1 comment:

  1. A. You quite possibly have the cutest blog background of anyone in our class. Kudos! B. Your post was very inspiring. It is true what you say about attitude determining everything. C. I feel like I'm getting to know you better this semester than in semesters past and I LOVE IT and D. Good luck on your boards! You will do fabulous!

    ReplyDelete