Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mockboard #2

Tuesday I had my second dental hygiene mockboard. I am pleased to announce that this time went SO much better than lat time! I had 3 calculus errors, but I passed! It was the little confidence boost I needed. Now that I know I can do it, I can focus on just becoming better so I have no calculus errors on my next mockboard. I was also able to get a couple injections on my patient as well. I am so grateful for my patient, he is so reliable and happy to help. Karen's mockboard patient canceled yesterday so my patient said he would come in again today for her. What a guy! I hope my real board patient will be as reliable as he is! Yesterday was a pretty good day at the VA except..HOLY MOLEY my patients were talkers. Both my morning and afternoon patient talked through the entire appointment. Even when I would put my instruments in their mouth, they would keep on talking. I have never had this happen before! But they were so friendly and just happy to be getting their teeth cleaned. Minus the instrument selection, I really do enjoy the VA. It is a great place to meet requirements and learn new things about many different types of patients. It is also giving me some good practice doing exams with the dentist. Well, LA Written exam next week...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I do like that about the VA, having an exam. It forces me to verbalize their condition and express any concerns.

    ReplyDelete