Thursday, October 27, 2011

More Injections!

This week at the VA I saw three patients. I am glad that I feel like I am picking up my speed. It worries me that I will graduate and get to an office and I will be too slow! I have been seeing lots of 1B's lately at the VA, I hope I can get more class III's before the semester is over! In clinic today I finished my class III and did 4 more injections on him. The PSA is still a little tricky, but I did a pretty good job. It is still a little crazy to me that I am doing injections on real patients now, it's pretty exciting. And now for the best news of all...No errors!! I finished his last 2 quads of my class III without any errors. I was pretty happy about that. I have gotten a lot of practice lately with my ultrasonic and my graceys and it is paying off. I also saw my mockboard patient back this afternoon. This patient is a challenge for me because she bleeds more than any patient I have ever seen. I missed 2 areas in the quadrant. Why couldn't that have been my mockboard quad!! I am glad that I am improving and I feel much more confident going into the next mockboard knowing that I can do well on a very difficult patient. I was also able to pass off my ultrasonic PE today. My goal for next week is to pass off more PE's and to stay parallel with my instrument and up up up on my fulcrum!

No comments:

Post a Comment