Friday, October 14, 2011

Mockboard Week

This week at the VA went really well. I am getting much better at taking bitewings using the VA equipment and I was also able to get a couple PA's. My patient had really short roots on her canines on the pano film, so we took some PA's to see what was going on. Turns out she has a split canal in both of the mandibular canines. The dentist got out his textbook and was saying that it was pretty rare. I am really liking going to the VA. All of my patients so far have been so sweet. Professor Bossenberger told me that I am good at interacting with patients and making them feel comfortable. That was a good thing to hear. The only thing I don't like about the VA is the instruments. They take a little getting used to and a lot of sharpening.

Mockboard: Well, that could have gone better. I have never seen a patient with that much calculus. I have already dwelled on the negatives, so let's look at the positives..shall we?

+ Mockboard #1 is over
+ It is a MOCKboard
+ Our instructors/professors don't make you feel like an idiot when you suck it up on mockboard day
+ I learned a couple things I was doing wrong
+ It was a good experience to see how difficult tenacious calculus is to remove
+ I feel more prepared now and I feel like I will for sure do better next time

Goals: Don't forget the interproximal twist, and move slower with the ultrasonic to make it more effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment