Thursday, October 20, 2011

Getting the hang of this...

Today I was able to finish up my class III patient and pass off my blood glucose PE on her. My afternoon patient also turned out to be a class III! He is a smoker and had not had a dental cleaning in many years. And...he was my first patient I gave injections to. I was not very nervous, and I did a pretty good job until I got to the PSA. I was not out far enough at the 45 degree angle so I basically gave an infiltration. Professor Perry showed me the angles on a skull afterward which really helped. I think I will do better next time! This patient had tons of board calculus and I got excited when I saw the huge chunks of calculus flying off with the ultrasonic. I LOVE the orange triple bend ultrasonic insert! I had never used it until my mockboard last week, but now I love it. It works really well on patients with heavy calculus deposits. I finished two quads and had two errors. I wish I was at the point where I would get no errors, but I feel like I am always improving and doing my best. I have tried to stop comparing myself to everyone else and focus on the things that I am accomplishing and also the things I still need to work on. I am hitting my stride a little bit and I have increased my scaling speed. I hope things continue to go uphill. Goal: Get more x-rays using conventional film and get more PA's!

HAPPY FALL BREAK!

1 comment:

  1. Jodie, you are so freaking amazing!! I love you! I love the triple bend too, it's awesome! I had never used it before this semester either, and that thing kicks butt. I have loved being right next to you in clinic, I don't know what I am going to do without you next semester, I will miss you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete