Friday, September 30, 2011

A much better week!

First and foremost...Karlie found me a mockboard patient! Thank you Karlie!

My morning patient turned out to be a class III! I completed the OD and one quad with one error. Not too bad, but I am looking forward to the day when I am quicker and have less errors. I was worried because I thought I was going super slow, but instructor Wold said I was going at a pretty good pace. That made me feel better. This was my first patient this semester who needed anesthetic. I am excited to start giving injections to our patients in clinic. This patient had been to her regular dentist's office and they told her she needed a periodontal cleaning and it would cost $500.00. She was so grateful for the service we provide at the clinic. She said she had no idea how she was going to pay for a cleaning like that. It made me feel good to see how grateful she was to me. My afternoon patient is a sweet lady I saw last semester. She is mentally disabled and a class II. The cleaning went well, although she gets pretty restless near the end of the appointment. I started with polishing to clear out some plaque so that I could scale. That seemed to help a lot compared to when I saw her last semester because it was difficult to work around all of the soft plaque. I missed two spots. Those dang distal line angles on the maxillary molars are going to be the death of me! Today we had our nitrous lab. Until today, I had never had nitrous before. I was missing out! That is some good stuff! :) Goals for next week: Don't miss the line angles and set scale time goals for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment