Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Cancellation

This morning I saw a new patient who ended up being a class II. He has quite a bit of subgingival calculus but not quite enough for boards and has multiple restorations. I was able to get a pano and a film set of bitewings on him. He had lots of plaque and bled a TON! I polished before I scaled to try and save some time and get rid of most of the plaque. The injections went well and I had one calculus error. I learned that I need to really explore those line angles, and use a horizontal stroke to feel them. I also learned that it is best to not use my thumb to retract when giving a left PSA. When I use my other finger to retract, I have more room to get my angle right. Instructor Wold also taught me to feel the vestibule before entering the mouth with the needle, to feel the soft little depression where I want to insert the needle. My afternoon patient was supposed to be seeing my class IV patient back, but he called and left a message during my morning appointment saying that he found a job and he cannot miss work and he needs to reschedule. I am worried that I won't be able to get him back in to finish his cleaning and my Eaglesoft patient assignment. His teeth are very mobile and I worry that if he does not come back to get them cleaned, they will fall out very soon. Hopefully I can get him rescheduled. I really can not complain too much, I have been pretty lucky when it comes to my patients confirming and keeping their scheduled appointment times. The search for a board patient continues! My goal for the upcoming weeks is to be more active in my OHI and try to really get my patients involved in their own treatment.

1 comment:

  1. "My goal for the upcoming weeks is to be more active in my OHI and try to really get my patients involved in their own treatment." I like that you have said this...I too wanna make that a goal. I am nearly done with my requirements and feel like I don't want to rush through appointments anymore, I want to spend some good quality time with my patients...getting them involved and teaching them some new things.

    ReplyDelete