Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Final Mockboard!

Yesterday was our final mockboard! I can not believe that was our very last practice run before the real deal. I am glad it was a success. I almost died of shock when Adrienne told me that I had no calculus errors and no probe depth errors. I love seeing improvement, it makes me so happy! I gave my patient a little thank-you note is his toothbrush bag becasue I am so grateful he came in for 2 of my mockboards, and kindly came in for Karen when her mockboard canceled. He was so reliable, and I am so grateful for patients like that! Now on to finding a real board patient, which is my main stressor right now. I really wanted my final mockboard patient and my real board patient to be the same person, but that did not work out. I hope I find one soon so that I can at least clean one quad and see how the calculus is or how the patient's tolerance is before the day of the real board. Monday was my Process of Care Exam, I am not so sure how I feel about it. It was more subjective than I thought it would be. I just have the National board on March 10th, my clinicals the next week, and then I think I can finally breathe easy. It is really sinking in that I am not going to be around all of these girls and instructors in a couple short months and it is making me sad! I love everyone here! My main goal for next week is to find a board patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment