Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Kiddos

Today for my morning patient I saw a recall patient with maintained mild and moderate periodontitis. I was able to get 2 quads of a class III and 2 quads of a class V because her upper quads had some slight subgingival calculus and she had quite a bit of BOP in those areas. For my afternoon patients, I had saw two adorable sisters, and Jamie saw the other two sisters. These were probably the best 1A appointments I have ever had, the kids were so good and I could tell that my speed has really improved since the last time I saw two 1A's. I learned a good trick taking x-rays when the child's tongue will not let you slip the film near their teeth. Joy taught me to place the film up near the maxillary molars, and then have the child bite down. It worked well for this little girl who was not wanting to bite down at all. It was a very good day overall. I am happy that I am pretty close to having all of my requirements and PE's finished. We never believe the professors when they promise us that it "will all work out somehow," but it always does! I think we need this promise in huge letters on the clinic wall. I can't not believe how close we are to graduation. When I think about graduating I feel 80% excited and 20% freaked out. Some days I do not feel ready to be out there doing dental hygiene on my own. Other days, I realize how much I really do know and how much I have learned in these two years. I also know that increased confidence will come after time in clinical practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment