Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last Clinic Day

It was a weird feeling today walking into clinic knowing that this would be my last time ever seeing patients in here. It was also crazy to think that these would be my last patients I see until I am out in clinical practice! My morning patient was not coming until 9:00, so I was able to do my air powder polishing PE on Stefanie (Thanks Stef!) My patient was a recall class V who had not been in for a year. I was anticipating a very easy cleaning but he actually had quite a bit of calculus buildup. Everything went really well with his cleaning and with his x-rays. I am proud of how much better my x-rays have been these last couple of months. I guess it really does just take practice. My afternoon patient no-showed, so I was able to see a walk-in patient. She had a lot of bleeding on her mandibular anteriors. She showed me that even when she pushes on her gums lightly, they bleed. She explained that she sometimes wakes up with blood in her mouth and on her pillow. I removed the calculus from beneath the gums and I explained that she should see improvement as I explained the etiology of gingivitis. I really am feeling more and more like a "real hygienist".

I want to thank all of my professors and instructors from these two years. I have learned so many things from each one of them. I am so glad to be graduating from such an amazing program with amazing staff. I also am lucky that I am part of the class of 2012. I love you girls, I could not have asked for more amazing and supportive friends to go through these two years with. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment